The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) has notified the Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) under the MSMED Act to make it easier for MSMEs to do business.
- The online registration process is simple and convenient.
- Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) can be filed on a self-declaration basis.
- There is no paperwork needed.
- There is no cost associated with the filing.
- It is not necessary to register multiple Udyog Aadhaars with the same Aadhaar number.
Also, Read- udyam registration portal
MSMEs must file a Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (referred to as the memorandum) in Form I following the steps below:
1. The memorandum must be submitted online through the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises of the Government of India’s udyam registration site.
2. Every micro, small, and medium-sized business that manufactures goods or provides services and has a total investment in plant and machinery that is less than the limit set out in section 7 of the Act must file the memorandum.
3. The memorandum must be filed only after the unit has been established, all regulatory permissions have been obtained, and commercial activities have begun.
4. The memorandum may specify any number of operations, including production, service, or both.
5. In the event of a proprietorship company, the controlling partner in the case of a partnership firm, and a karta in the case of a Hindu Undivided Family (HUF), the proprietor’s Aadhaar Number must be provided in the memorandum.
6. The Permanent Account Number (PAN) of the organisation, as well as the Aadhaar number of the authorized signatory, must be provided in the memorandum in the case of a company, a limited liability partnership, a cooperative society, a society, or a trust.
7. A one-time password (OTP) for verifying a new memorandum or altering an existing one will be given to the applicant’s mobile phone connected to his or her Aadhaar number, and the applicant will input the OTP in the form before submitting the memorandum;
8. The memoranda must be self-certified, which means that no further papers must be submitted at the time of submission.
Wherever required, the Central Government, the State Government, or any other person authorised in this capacity may demand documentary confirmation of the information contained in the memorandum.
9. A unique Udyog Aadhaar Number (UAN) will be generated, together with a Udyog Aadhaar Acknowledgement in Form I, and emailed to the email address provided in the memorandum.
10. If an applicant or authorised signatory does not have an Aadhaar number, or if online filing is not possible for any reason, a hard copy of the duly filled form I must be submitted to the concerned District Industries Center (DIC) or the Office of the Micro, Small & Medium Enterprise – Development Institute (MSME-DI) under the Development Commissioner, MSME, and the concern.
10. No company is allowed to file more than one memorandum;
11. The proprietor, managing partner, or authorized person may apply for amendment of the existing memorandum in line with the guidance for filing the online Udyog Aadhaar Form provided on the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises’ website, at Udyam Registration. The process for amending the Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum will be the same as for filing a new Memorandum.
12. The Entrepreneurship Memorandum-If has been superseded by the UAM registration (EM-II)
13. Existing businesses that have submitted an Entrepreneurship Memorandum-II or had a Small Scale Industry registration prior to the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Development Act 2006 (27 of 2006) are not required to register a Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum, although they may do so if they choose.
14. The General Manager of the concerned district’s District Industries Center shall be authorized to conduct an investigation to verify the memorandum submitted by the enterprise, and in the event of any discrepancy, he shall issue a notice to the enterprise, giving it an opportunity to present its case, and the authorized officer may amend or cancel the memorandum based on the findings.