Are you looking forward to creating eye-catching visuals for your brand? If your answer is yes, then you are at the right place! In this comprehensive guide, we will guide you on the best ways in which you can create engaging visuals for your social media posts.
Either you can focus on trying out the tips, which we are going to mention in the following section, or you can opt for the assistance of a unique social media post design company. These professional agencies will guide you throughout the process. Now, let’s move further in our discussion by talking about these guaranteed success tips:
Key Tips To Follow For Creating Engaging Visual Content On Social Media
Solid visual content on social media tends to provide people a reason to like, follow, comment, and purchase from you. It can make or break your brand. So, you should never overlook the importance of creating engaging visual content for social media, if you want to make the most out of it.
Let’s find out the proofs below:
- Take the example of Google Doodle. In this case, Google keeps on changing its look every day to keep the audience engaged.
- Tweets which contain visual content are 3x more likely to receive engagement.
- LinkedIn posts containing images tend to have a 98 percent higher comment rate on average.
- Facebook posts with photos are likely to receive more comments and likes.
Visual stuff tends to leave more impact on our minds. It is known from a study that humans are 65 percent more likely to remember information in the case, it contains an image. And that’s the real power of images or visuals!
Below are enlisted some of the amazing tips which you can try out to get more visibility for your social media posts:
1. Stick To The Classic 3E Thumb Rule
Nowadays, digital marketing trends are evolving at a rapid pace. But some of the classic trends are still evergreen. And one such trend is the classic 3E thumb rule. It refers to three principles of designing engaging social media posts which include Educational, Entertaining, and Enlightening. One of the important things to note in this aspect is that these three principles are irreplaceable.
Educational social media posts are considered to be great for B2C and B2B businesses to walk prospects through their processes at a rapid pace. On the other hand, entertaining posts are aimed at pleasing the crowd.
Irrespective of whether you focus on creating gifs, comics, or memes, this stuff never fails to get comments, shares, and likes on social media. For instance, often the B2C agencies are involved in creating entertaining visuals for engaging with their customers.
Finally, the enlightening posts are not only meant to highlight issues but also show a way to solve these.
2. Include Visuals In Your Brand Identity
In many cases, it is seen that people consider pasting their brand logos or adding website URLs on visuals. By doing so, they feel that they have managed to add enough personal touch to their visuals.
But, the reality is very far from this. If you are looking forward to creating engaging visuals for your social media posts, then your main goal should be to sync your visual language and brand identity. To do so, you should essentially focus on the below-given steps:
- First of all, consider researching your audience and get a good idea about what type of visuals they prefer.
- Focus on choosing a color palette and design your visuals surrounding it.
- The next thing that you need to do is to choose a theme for creating uniform social media visual posts.
- Also, consider using the right typography elements like utilizing photo components along with white space.
- Finally, make use of hashtags for Facebook, LinkedIn, Or Instagram to reach out to the targeted group audience.
3. Always Consider Selecting The Right Size Of Image
The correct size of the image is considered to be the backbone of your visuals whether it is a LinkedIn banner, Facebook post, or YouTube thumbnail. It is because every social media platform tends to have a preset interface and based on this, they focus on accepting the media size.
One of the crucial things to note in this aspect is that the size of the image varies on every screen size. So, in case your image is undersized or oversized, your social media platform will inevitably stretch or crop it.
Due to this specific reason, your main goal should be to always design visuals for your social media posts based on the image scale of the platform. Below, we have enlisted the image size dimensions for the recognized social media platforms:
- Facebook Profile Picture Size: 140 x 140 pixels (mobile) and 180 x 180 pixels (desktop)
- Facebook Cover Picture Size: 640 x 360 pixels (mobile) and 820 x 312 pixels (desktop)
- Facebook Banner Size: 1200 x 630 pixels
- Instagram Post Size: 1080 x 1080 pixels
- Instagram Profile Picture Size: 110 x 110 pixels
- LinkedIn Post Size: 1350 x 440 pixels
- LinkedIn Cover Picture Size: 1584 x 396 pixels
- LinkedIn Profile Picture Size: 400 x 400 pixels
- Twitter Post Size: 900 x 450 pixels
- Twitter Profile Picture Size: 400 x 400 pixels
- Twitter Cover Size: 1500 x 500 pixels
If you are confused after reading these visual dimensions, then below is given a brief checklist for your visuals on social media:
- Avoid inserting anything important on the bottom or top of your image and allow the social media platform to crop it out
- Try sticking to simple dimensions like Portrait, Landscape, and Square for your visuals. Once you have done this, you can stay assured that they will work effectively on almost every platform
- Focus on positioning the text in the middle
- Create stories only in vertical or horizontal frame
- Make use of tools that will help you to preview the size of your image before you post it online
4. Make Visuals Search Engine Optimization Or SEO Friendly
Have you ever heard about visual SEO optimization? If not, then let us tell you that, it is again a crucial aspect to focus on. With the rise in popularity of visual search tools such as Google Lens, Pinterest Lens, and Amazon’s StyleSnap, it has turned out to be a necessity these days. So, in this regard, your main goal should be to ensure that you follow additional SEO guides which will help you to learn more about the best ways to optimize your site.
Note that, visual SEO is just like regular SEO and it has many rules that you can strictly adhere to for grabbing the attention of search engines. For example, you can focus on applying YouTube SEO by following the below-mentioned tips:
- Naming your video by making use of targeted keywords
- Naturally inserting keywords in the title of the video
- Appropriately categorizing your videos
- Uploading custom YouTube video thumbnails
- Optimizing the description of your video to effectively meet all the keywords along with other readability standards
- And a lot more
In the same way, Pinterest tends to have a completely different set of visual SEO methods which includes the following:
- Creating a Pinterest business account
- Selecting a keyword specific username
- Optimizing your pins and profile
- Adding Pinterest tags along with a ‘Save’ button
5. Repurpose Your Old Content For Creating Engaging Visuals
One of the unique and the most economical means of coming up with engaging visuals for your social media posts is repurposing your old content. Along with effectively saving your money and time, visual presentation of your old content tends to have many interesting benefits as follows:
- Provides you the chance to reintroduce your message
- Helps you to reach a completely new group of audience
- Effectively boost the organic visibility of your posts
Currently, with the availability of many different visual alternatives, repurposing content has become incredibly easy. By utilizing the right tools, you can easily turn your blog post into memes, videos, podcasts, infographics, or speaking content for a webinar.
Additional Tips That You Can Follow
- Customize visual ideas based on social media
- Consider using more original photos than the stock images
- Put your logo at the places where it is most impactful
- Gain the perspective of your audience
- Try to tap on emotions with your visuals
- Streamline your descriptions and visuals
- Get the right tool
So, the above-mentioned ones are some of the best tips which you should essentially follow for creating engaging visuals for your social media posts. But, it does not end here. The trends in digital marketing will keep on changing over time, but one that will remain constant is your creative approach.
Instead of concentrating on likes, shares, or comments, your main goal should be to focus on your creativity. You will see that results are automatically coming. So, whether you are involved in creating visuals for your brand awareness or you own a graphic designing company, you should strive to be creative to make the most out of it.
If you are having a tough time implementing these tips, then it is the time when you should hire a unique social media post design company for this work. They will always ensure to provide you with the best possible outcomes. So, why wait when you can see a great deal of difference by only following some key tips.